Saturday, March 30, 2013

And Above Everything Mother Sun Shines





After evaluation of thoughts (and some other work) for the current theme ‘Every Single Day’ I settled for my inspiration from an old Danish song by a Danish comedian ‘And Above Everything Mother Sun Shines’. Though it is funny a line in the song it has meant much to me since my childhood. When times are tough or the sky is grey I often think of this particular line in the song and it seems to me to be the most true ‘every single day’ experience I know.

My intent for this piece was to show my interpretation of sunlight in contrast to the dark.


This is my third attempt and I decided to try a technique I have tried only once before. I made a wholecloth quilt with heavy batting.

After quilting I painted with acrylics.

Other designs can be seen on my blog.

11 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites...very nicely done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - this is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous quilt! I love the soft colours that transition so smoothly from one area to the other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was worthwhile persevering with this technique. Great quilt- I would love to see it 'in the flesh'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colours and texture you achieved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peaceful and with beautiful movement.
    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colours in this quilt are stunning, I like the way they flow into one another. And the texture from the quilting creates a really strong image. Lovely quilt

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the surface design treatment and colors. I see a benevolent eye looking down on us quilted in the middle of the design; is that intentional or just me?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not intentional, but I saw it too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely way to show night & day, with your choice of colours, texture, & lines.
    Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete